Rue de Varembé 17
in Geneva 1211
An event organized by the Permanent Mission of Ireland to the UN in Geneva and the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
The thematic focus on gender and gender-based violence (GBV) as part of the CSP5 preparatory process is a welcome opportunity for states parties to take stock of existing practice in this area and identify where knowledge and implementation gaps remain. This event will bridge some of those gaps.
It will aim to maximize on the expertise and experience of those working outside of the UN arms control community by inviting speakers who can bring local, national, and thematic perspectives including on Women, Peace and Security and relevant human rights bodies to guide ATT states parties in working through some of these technicalities, toward a stronger outcome at the CSP and improved Treaty implementation.
With the participation of:
- International Gender Champion H.E. Mr. Michael Gaffey, Permanent Representative of Ireland to the United Nations in Geneva
- Allison Pytlak, Programme Manager, Reaching Critical Will, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
- Hiba Qasas, Chief, Humanitarian Action and Crisis Response Office –Geneva, UN Women (Panelist)
- Georgina Mendoza Solorio, Human Rights Officer, Women’s Human Rights and Gender Section, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (Panelist)
- Guy Blaise Feugap, Communications Coordinator, WILPF Cameroon (Panelist)