8-14 avenue de la paix
in Geneva 1202
As we celebrate the International Women’s day and the 25th Anniversary of the International Conference on Population and Development, this event will bring the voices of champions to discuss achievements so far and the way forward for the current generation of young women and girls. A moderated inter-generational dialogue will celebrate the contribution of the ICPD agenda to the realization of the rights of women and girls.
Welcome by H.E. Trine Heimerback, Deputy Permanent Representative Norway
Opening remarks by The High Commissioner for Human Rights and International Gender Champion, Michelle Bachelet.
Moderated discussion with:
- International Gender Champion H.E. Athaliah Molokomme, Permanent Representative of Botswana
- Catalina Devandas, SR on the rights of persons with disabilities
- Virginia Bras Gomes, Former Chair of CESCR
- Sophie Pierre Antoine, Youth activist
- Hugo Carvalho, President of the National Youth Council of Portugal
Closing Remarks by H. E. Dr. Cleopa Mailu, Permanent Representative of Kenya
For those who do not have a UN ground pass, please register here.