It has been proven that increasing youth participation and nurturing youth leadership in shaping today’s societies is an effective method to combat complex challenges such as poverty, hunger, gender equality, environmental issues, and migration, just to name a few, and to build more thriving, inclusive, prosperous and peaceful communities. This panel will center on the role of youth empowerment in the context of the future of work, address hurdles that young people are facing in starting their career paths, and discuss best practices in supporting them.
In this discussion, the Vienna-based International Gender Champions, a network of 40 leaders who foster gender equality and push the gender agenda in Vienna, will open the conversation on the venues for common action needed to best prepare the younger generation with members of CTBT Youth Group, an assembly of over 1070 prominent young women and men who strive for a better future and accelerate positive societal changes. Both groups represent indispensable allies in the quest for sustainability.
- H.E. Ambassador Alejandro Solano Ortiz, Permanent Representative of Costa Rica to International Organizations in Vienna, International Gender Champion
- Ms Elena Sokova, Executive Director of Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation, International Gender Champion
- Ms Naledi Daka, member of CTBT Youth Group
- Ms Mingqi Xie, Junior Associate at International Conflict and Security Consulting Ltd, 2022 Schwarzman Scholar, member of CTBT Youth Group
- Mr Sahil Shah, Policy Fellow at the European Leadership Network, member of CTBT Youth Group, moderator of the session
Registration. If you have not yet done so, please register for SnT2021 by following the link. We are excited to welcome you all to this outstanding discussion!