CTBTO is delighted to invite you to this unique spotlight session “CTBTO’s Approach and Applications for Addressing the Digital Divide” celebrating International Women’s Day 2023. The session takes place virtually. Please register here.
ABOUT THE SPOTLIGHT SESSION
The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) bans nuclear explosions by everyone, everywhere: on the Earth's surface, in the atmosphere, underwater and underground. The Treaty opened for signature in September 1996 and has been signed by 186 nations and ratified by 177 nations committed to international peace and security.
The core mission of the CTBT's unique and comprehensive verification regime is nuclear test monitoring. To fulfil this mandate, CTBTO relies on innovation and state-of-the-art technology. To ensure the continuation of the ongoing efforts to accomplish CTBTO's global mission, CTBTO provides capacity-building activities for its State Signatories and mentors the next generation of female experts in nuclear non-proliferation.
On International Women's Day, it should be acknowledged that women play a vital role in applying inclusive and transformative technologies. This session aims to bring different stakeholders benefiting from CTBTO capacity-building activities and innovative projects to shed light on CTBTO's role in building the skillset of female experts. The session will focus on the need for inclusive access to technology and for increased awareness regarding the rights and opportunities for women and girls.
- Madi Mariama, Principal Point Of Contact, Data Manager-CTBT Relevant Functions in Comoros and Seismic analyst at National Data Center, Moroni-Comoros;
- Paola Garcia Peña, Station Manager, Chilean Nuclear Energy Commission, WGB Task Leader for Support to Provisional Operations;
- Tatiana Boitsova, Training Officer, On-Site Inspection, participant of the 2022 CTBTO Mentoring Program, CTBTO;
- Russol Al-Dulaimi, Associate Services Officer, International Data Center, CTBTO;
- Sri Sundari Retnoasih, Nuclear Safeguards Officer at National Nuclear Energy Agency Indonesia, participant of the 2022 CTBTO Mentoring Program and an OSI training.
- La Neice Collins, Senior Public Information Officer, CTBTO