The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is pleased to invite you to the Partner2Connect (P2C) Annual Meeting, taking place on Tuesday, 12 December 2023 from 14:00 to 16:30 CET, followed by the 10th EQUALS in Tech Awards Ceremony and a reception, in the Popov room at the ITU Headquarters, in Geneva, Switzerland.
The meeting will be in-person, with a virtual component to allow anyone around the world to follow the progress of the coalition.
At the P2C Annual Meeting, attendees will:
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities for connecting the unconnected; in particular, this year’s P2C Annual Meeting will also feature key elements of the discussions on connectivity for displaced people from the Global Refugee Forum 2023 taking place between 13 - 15 December in Geneva.
- Learn about the progress made on the implementation of selected pledges submitted through the P2C platform;
- Explore the Joint SDG Fund and the digital transformation window and its potential linkages with P2C;
- Celebrate the announcement of new pledges and commitments;
- Network and share experiences to further advance global digital transformation.
The program will close with the 10th EQUALS in Tech Awards Ceremony, where participants will celebrate those initiatives, projects, organizations, and institutions around the world that have displayed extraordinary commitment to reducing the digital gender divide. The EQUALS in Tech Awards is the annual flagship event of the EQUALS Global Partnership, a multistakeholder initiative co-founded by: ITU, UN Women, UN University, GSMA and ITC. The Award categories are reflective of the structure of the EQUALS Global Partnership. This year, we received more than 130 nominations in our five categories: Access, Skills, Leadership in Tech, Leadership in SMEs and Research. For the second time, the Special Recognition Partner Award will also be delegated to promote and highlight the work of our partners.
The Awards Ceremony will be followed by a cocktail reception from 17:15.
Virtual participation is enabled. Click here to register and mark your calendar. Please read carefully the guidelines on how to complete the registration to attend our event and indicate whether you will be joining in-person or online. The deadline to submit your registration request is 7 December 2023, 23:59 CET.
Please visit the event’s page for updates on the program, speakers, and all related logistic information. Should you require interpretation for this event, please notify the P2C Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 October.
Should you have any inquiries regarding the EQUALS in Tech Awards Ceremony, please do not hesitate to contact the EQUALS Hub at email@example.com.
Should you have any questions regarding the Partner2Connect Annual Meeting, please do not hesitate to contact the P2C Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.