May 18, 2021 @ 15:00 – May 18, 2021 @ 16:00
The Embassy of Canada to the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Women’s Initiative for Gender Justice are pleased to invite you to an event “Gender Equality and International Justice – Turning Theory into Practice”, an online panel discussion followed by a Q&A.
This event will bring together International Gender Champions to share experiences and lessons learned in the practicalities of turning broader gender priorities into concrete practice both within government and multilateral international justice institutions.
The event is open to all Member States representatives, civil society and experts.
- Ambassador Lisa Helfand – Ambassador of Canada to the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Melinda Reed - Executive Director, Women’s Initiative for Gender Justice (Q&A Moderator)
- Ambassador Jacqueline O’Neill – Canada’s Ambassador for Women, Peace and Security
- Abubacarr Tambadou – Registrar of the UN International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT).
- Odette Melono – Deputy Director-General of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- Antônia Pereira de Sousa – International Criminal Court Focal Point for Gender Equality
- Melinda Reed – Executive Director, Women’s Initiative for Gender Justice