Chem. Eugène-Rigot 2
in Geneva 1201
In the tradition of the Oxford Union debates, the International Gender Champions and the Geneva Graduate Institute are hosting their 4th Geneva Gender Debate on International Women’s Day. The motion debated on this occasion will be: this house believes that countries, which prioritise gender equality, should adopt a feminist foreign policy.
- Claire Somerville, Co-Director, Gender Centre, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Margot Wallström, former Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden (online)
- Marc Bichler, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Luxembourg to the UN and other IOs in Geneva
- Jagan Chapagain, Secretary-General, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Claudia Fuentes Julio, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Chile to the UN and other IOs in Geneva
- Cäcilia Riederer, Member of the Feminist Collective, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Darius Farman, Co-Director, foraus
This event is organised in partnership with the Graduate Institute and will be livestreamed on YouTube at the following link.
To attend, please register here.
*DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is a public event. In the public’s interest, photographs and media footage might be taken throughout this public event under the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest. Please inform the person in charge of the event if you have any concerns or if you wish to be exempted from these practices.