On the occasion of the first International Equal Pay Day, and in the midst of the fallout from the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Equal Pay International Coalition (EPIC) is hosting a virtual global Call to Action encouraging all labour market actors to take the necessary steps to ensure that equal pay is at the heart of recovery efforts worldwide.
Moderated by Nozipho Tshabalala.
- Thorsteinn Viglundsoon former minister of social affairs and equality, Iceland
- Megan Rapinoe, Captain of US National Women's Soccer team
- Samira Ahmed, BBC journalist
- Kristin Skogen Lund, CEO of Schibsted ASA Norway
- Iris Bohnet, academic
- Nadia Subat, Executive Bureau Member from CDT Morocco
Remarks by the EPIC Secretariat:
- Guy Ryder, Director General, ILO
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director, UN Women
- Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, OECD
Call to action:
- Sylvie Durrer, Swiss representative and Chair of EPIC
Representatives of the EPIC Steering Committee will participate in a curtain raiser video.
Zoom connection details will be shared by email on Wednesday, 16 September.
Please register by Wednesday, 16 September.
Join the conversation by using #EqualPayDay and follow us on Twitter at @epic2030.
For further information, see International Equal Pay Day: only together can we build a more inclusive and fair world of work