in New York
Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice is proud to present the results of a two-year research project that comprehensively analyzed jurisprudential developments on sexual and gender-based crimes (SGBC) at the International Criminal Court (ICC), from the Court’s inception to date.
We are delighted to invite you to the launch of the report presenting our findings and recommendations: "Judicial Approaches to Sexual and Gender-Based Crimes at the International Criminal Court".
Date: Friday, 8 December 2023
Time: 13:15-14:45 EST / 19:15-20:45 CET
Location: Conference room 8, UN Headquarters, New York
Virtual Access: UN Web TV, link will follow
Join us for a riveting discussion on structural shortcomings, critical improvements and future possibilities of intersectional justice.
The launch is organized in the margins of the 22nd annual session of the Assembly of States Parties to the Rome Statute. This event is co-hosted by the Permanent Missions to the UN of Canada and Chile, and the International Gender Champions.
- Judge Luz del Carmen Ibáñez Carranza, ICC First Vice-President
- Nazhat Shameem Khan, ICC Deputy Prosecutor
- Lorraine Smith van Lin, International Justice Consultant & Founder/Executive Director of Tallawah for Justice
- Alexandra Lily Kather, International Justice Consultant & Co-Founder of the Emergent Justice Collective
- Alix Vuillemin, Executive Director, Women's Initiatives for Gender Justice
Please register here for in person attendance, and kindly let us know before 1 December if you require a special event ticket to access UN premises.
The report will be made available shortly before the launch.