The Permanent Missions of Norway, Finland and Sweden in Vienna, together with UNODC and UNIDO, invite you to the 2023 Vienna Discussion Forum:
“More diversity, less corruption? – Seeking efficient and just solutions for a green economy”
- Ms. Bjørg Sandkjær, State Secretary for International Development, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Mr. Gerd Müller, Director General of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- Mr. Jean-Luc Lemahieu, Director of the Division for Policy Analysis and Public Affairs, UNODC
- Moderator: Mr. Luis Javier Campuzano Piña, Ambassador and Permanent Representative, Mexico
- Ms. Rita Idehai, CEO and founder of Ecobarter Company
- Mr. Alois Mhlanga, Chief of Climate Technologies Innovation Unit, UNIDO
- Ms. Jennifer Sarvary Braford, Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer, UNODC
- Mr. Jamie Smith, Coordinator for anti-corruption efforts, the Swedish Development Agency (SIDA)
- Ms. Tuija Brax, Director of Rule of Law Centre
The Vienna Discussion Forum 2023 will highlight challenges, lessons learned and promising practices on addressing gender equality and corruption for an efficient, sustainable, inclusive and just transition to a green economy that encourages innovation. Informed by the work of UNIDO and UNODC, among others, the event will further analyze the linkages between gender equality and corruption; highlight the correlation between transparency, efficiency, sustainability and gender equality; and explore solutions for the key challenges women and other marginalized groups in situation of disadvantage face in fully participating and leading in the green economy. To this end, the event will provide examples of how anti-corruption initiatives can go hand in hand with efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion within the green economy.
The Vienna Discussion Forum is an annual event to discuss gender equality and the empowerment of women in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Details on the 2022 Forum can be found here.