The BKMC’s online roundtable "Voices of Hope: Realities of Afghan Women" on 25 May 5 pm CEST seeks to raise awareness for the situation of Afghan women on the ground and spotlight local women’s activism as well as the international Afghan diaspora and their efforts in fighting for sustainable peace.
- H.E. Ambassador Manizha Bakhtari, Ambassador of Afghanistan to Austria
- Monika Froehler, CEO of the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
- Hooria Sardar, Former Director General of Women's Economic Empowerment and Child Care at the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs in Afghanistan (MoLSA), Gender and Women Studies Expert, Women's Rights Activist and BKMC Global Citizen Fellow
- Marufa Shinware, Gender Studies and Feminist Researcher at McMaster University of Canada, Executive Director of the Immigrant Culture and Art Association (ICAA) and former Law Professor at Kabul University
- Dr. Zahra Muhammadi, Dentist and Leader of the Afghan Women’s Unity and Solidarity Group
Interested individuals are requested to register for the event via https://bankimooncentre.org/voices-of-hope.