As the International Gender Champions network celebrates its 5-year anniversary, there is still a long way to go to deeply transform institutions and minsets. IGC Impact Groups, which are led directly by Champions with a clear focus and action plan in a specific sphere of expertise, have proven to be one potentially powerful way to catalyze institutional change. They have begun a journey to change mindsets and policies in their spheres of influence, each in their own unique way.
As part of IGC's Fifth Anniversary celebrations, the leaders of four Impact Groups in Trade, Disarmament, Representation & Justice, gathered on 1 July 2020 to reflect on what has worked, as well as opportunities and challenges going forward. Champions highlighted the unique mix of high-level leadership, technical expertise, political will and collaboration as key drivers of their Impact Groups' success.
With the participation of:
- H.E. Ms. Maria Teresa T. Almojuela (Philippines)
- Mr. Martin Chungong (Inter-Parliamentary Union)
- Ms. Renata Dwan (UNIDIR)
- H.E. Mr. Michael Gaffey (Ireland)
- Ms. Caitlin Kraft-Buchman (Women@TheTable)
- H.E. Ms. Annika Markovic (Sweden)
- H.E. Ms. Athaliah Molokomme (Botswana)
- Ms. Dorothy Tembo (International Trade Centre).
Watch the recording below!